Monday, September 08, 2003

We Missed Him, and Our Chance

Headline: Dalai Lama offers guidance in Indiana

I can't believe we missed him. The Dalai Lama was here in California yesterday. Talk about the perfect choice for Governor of California. Maybe he could have been persuaded to serve. He could do it from Dharamsala; Californians are no strangers to absentee government. At least we'd have leadership that makes sense. Can you imagine what a man like that could do with the job?

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.-- The Dalai Lama

Speaking of leadership that makes sense, the speech from the Cabinet Room this evening left me feeling like a fish out of water. My dog's water dish has more depth than the president does. My dog has a clearer, more self-aware sense of her place in the world. They say you get the government you deserve, and I'd like to know just what the hell we did to deserve George Bush the Sequel. Come to think of it, I can think of a few things. We're doomed.

No comments: