Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I hate to say I told you so, but I don't

There's a legion of my acquaintances who'll confirm, as will the impenetrable archives of this weblog, that seven-plus months ago I predicted that Cheney would be dumped from Bush's 2004 ticket. My reasoning was that by doing so (with the fact-based cover of Cheney's weak vascular system) Bush could dampen the Democrats' summer nomination festival with speculation of who Bush's running mate might be. Elizabeth Dole? If male, perhaps Colin Powell? To drive the Democrats totally crazy, maybe Condi? Of course Bush will end up choosing a Christian Wasp, but no matter. He'll have shared the summer headlines with whoever the Democrats nominate.

Well, some may call me crazy, but here's the first of a cascade of drumbeats.

No comments: