Friday, January 09, 2004

I'm sold

I've been following, with some diligence, the Democrats' quest for the best candidate to beat Bush. I've now decided. It's Howard Dean.

Because I don't have a TV I haven't seen much of the candidates or their debates. But lately I've been tuning in on them through internet casts and I've gotta tell ya, Dean's smart, eloquent and, most important, direct and forceful in his ideas and his presentation of them. In short, he "tells it like it is" and that, to me, counts for everything.

I was treasurer of Bobby Kennedy's campaign in Southern Arizona in 1968--the campaign was brief, of course, because the vote followed California's by only a few weeks--and felt the same surge of energy then as floods me when I hear Dean speak. Now, Arianna explains why.

Call me irrepressible, I'm now a fan, a Deanfanatic.

No comments: