Monday, September 22, 2003

Bush starting to question advice

Oh man, I feel for the guy, I really do. It is so hard to get good help these days. My newspaper winds up in puddle, I order iced tea and it shows up weak. Just the other day ... Erik will verify ... some doofus left the bacon chunks off my cobb salad. But the worst, the very worst, is when my advisors, supposedly pros, lead me blindly into a misbegotten, ill-conceived, war.

Things just have a way of stacking up, you know? First, there's a 3 day weekend, the garbage guys push pickups back a day, and the garbage piles up in the dumpster behind my condo. I steal an election, get a couple years of really crappy advice, and the funerals start backing up at Arlington. What's a president to do?

I don't know, but somebody's looking at a mighty small tip over this.

Headline: Bush starting to question advice from some top aides

No comments: